Pitt-Greensburg Chorale and Chamber Singers Fall Concert: Raise a Glass
With a mix of music subtle, festive, gaudy, and sublime, the Pitt-Greensburg Chorale and Chamber singers present their Fall concert "Raise a Glass," scheduled for Wednesday, November 29, and Friday, December 1. Featured are partsongs and oratorio choruses by F. Joseph Haydn and Felix Mendelssohn, offering everything from Haydn's dry wit in close harmony ("Die Beredsamkeit" from his partsongs), toasts to the season ("Juhe, der Wein ist da" from Haydn's “The Seasons”), and grateful thanks ("He Watching Over Israel" from Mendelssohn's “Elijah”).
Chorale's most ambitious undertaking will be Erik Esenvald's "Stars," sung 8-part a cappella while played on tuned goblets!
|Click here to live stream the Friday concert online at 7:30pm EST||(A pop-up window with the live stream will appear when you click. Please note: This live stream works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. You may experience difficulty viewing the presentation using Internet Explorer).|
- Popstars/Rachstars: * Stream of 4/10/15 Concert *
- To Joy: * Stream of 3/18/16 Concert *
- Christmastime is Here: *Stream of 12/2/16 Concert*
Showtime!: * Stream of 4/7/17 Concert *
About Music at Pitt-Greensburg
The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg features three concert series in Campana Chapel.
- Pitt-Greensburg Chorale and Chamber Singers: Pitt-Greensburg's featured student choral ensembles
- Joan Chambers Concert Series: Local, national, and international artists appearing in memory of ardent Pitt-Greensburg supporter Joan Chambers
- Friday Evening Music Club: A community of area performers and audience dedicated to creating and sharing in great artistic performance and camaraderie
All performances begin at 7:30pm (unless otherwise noted). Performances are free and open to the public; see Admission page for more info about donations to ensembles and series at the concert venue.
Help support Music at Pitt-Greensburg: Donate online; be sure to specify Music at Pitt-Greensburg and/or a specific concert series you would like to support. Thanks so much for helping to sustain our concert series.