Friday, January 27, 7:30pm - Campana Chapel
The Friday Evening Music Club of the Greensburg area announces its January recital, featuring students of several FEMC member teachers.
Members Linda Urbani and Chuck Kauric will perform a flute trio by Devienne with their teacher, Michele Boulet. From the studio of Matt Klumpp, pianists Jacqueline Chen, Jeffrey Krug and Ami Shaw will each perform a solo featuring music of composers Dmitri Kabalevsky, Claude Debussy and J. S. Bach, respectively. Miss Shaw will also perform a flute piece from Ernest Bloch’s Suite Modale, Flutist Rebecca Scimio, will present two movements of the beautiful and exciting Taktakishvili Flute Sonata. Both flutists are students of Dan Parasky. Students of pianist Ed Kuhn will be featured, including sisters Aggie & Annie Li. Some cello students of Sarah Ferrell, after playing in Thursday’s masterclass given by Cicely Parnas, soloist for Saturday night’s WSO concert, will be performing their duos.
Admission is free to club members and voluntary donations are accepted from non-members at the door. All are invited to a reception following the recital.
For more information, check out www.fridayeveningmusicclub.org or call Michele Boulet at 724-837-5474 for membership and performance opportunities.
- Popstars/Rachstars: * Stream of 4/10/15 Concert *
- To Joy: * Stream of 3/18/16 Concert *
Christmastime is Here: *Stream of 12/2/17 Concert*
About Music at Pitt-Greensburg
The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg features three concert series in Campana Chapel.
- Pitt-Greensburg Chorale and Chamber Singers: Pitt-Greensburg's featured student choral ensembles
- Joan Chambers Concert Series: Local, national, and international artists appearing in memory of ardent Pitt-Greensburg supporter Joan Chambers
- Friday Evening Music Club: A community of area performers and audience dedicated to creating and sharing in great artistic performance and camaraderie
All performances begin at 7:30pm (unless otherwise noted). Performances are free and open to the public; see Admission page for more info about donations to ensembles and series at the concert venue.
Help support Music at Pitt-Greensburg: Donate online; be sure to specify Music at Pitt-Greensburg and/or a specific concert series you would like to support. Thanks so much for helping to sustain our concert series.